z

Young Writers Society



He. (13+ language)

by the most lamentable comed


He
Numbs the pain
You bring me
Every single day of my life.

He
Knows exactly who I am
Doesn't force me to conform
Doesn't make me be like you.

He
Holds me
And actually cares
Why the fuck I'm crying.

Because of you.

He.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 16

Donate
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 am
filmcanister wrote a review...



the final "he" stands out way too much. i really like the way you've broken the rest of it up. he / numbs, he /holds, etc. however, this last "he" has nothing to break and then flow into and it's like its throwing itself against something invisible.

i mean, invisibility is great and all. just not so good, as far as i feel, right there.


otherwise. i think the language was fine. the rest of the piece wasnt too formal, so it wasnt really distracting from very much, taking away from eloquence (i've actually read a couple where they use "fuck" very eloquently, though that was more of a verb than an exclamation).




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 24

Donate
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 am
hi-mi-tsu wrote a review...



This poem seems rather confusing to me and I don't really like the last "He". It seems to be randomly placed without any real purpose at the bottom. The poem is good, however, and I like the idea behind it. Play with your stanzas a little to try to make them more complete and make the poem itself flow better.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35799
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 am
niteowl wrote a review...



The constant use of the one-word line "He" really gets on my nerves. You can leave it as is the first stanza, but in the second stanza, add "knows" to the first line. In the third stanza, this doesn't work, so move the whole second line up to the top "He holds me/And actually cares..."

Because of you.

He.


I'm guessing that's why you're crying, but it doesn't click right away. It's kind of confusing as it is right now. And I don't like the ending "He".

It's a pretty good poem, just maybe mess around with the line breaks a little.




User avatar
683 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 683

Donate
Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:26 pm
Emma says...



hey it was good! Pretty short though! :D




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 4

Donate
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:47 pm



Thank you very much. I was definitely going for the art, but who isn't! I swear A LOT and I can't help it, I'll try to stop for your sake, for the boardies' sake. I thought your comment was witty and helpful and I will try to carry it out in my next piece, even if it means making the "f-word" a "non f-word".

Thank you again.




User avatar
481 Reviews


Points: 6194
Reviews: 481

Donate
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:22 am
Bobo wrote a review...



Short but sweet. Don't like the language, but I never do in any case. It certainly shows that you're really PO'd. I just didn't really feel the emotion so much in the rest of the essay- probably has to do with the immense use of enjambement, which makes it feel like you're just breaking up lines to make it look longer or something. And that last He doesn't really sound good to me. It certainly gets the point across, though, and in an artful way, too.





Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb